SafeRacks is the Premier Overhead Garage Storage System
- Our ceiling brackets are 27″ long and designed to be attached to 2 separate ceiling joists
- Our patented design is the strongest overhead storage solution available with a lifetime warranty to back it up
- The weight is being distributed evenly across the ceiling joists
- Our competitors utilize 4″ ceiling brackets that must be installed into a single joist
Utilize The Space You Already Own
- These high quality storage racks help to make your garage a more functional space for your vehicles and toys. SafeRacks is designed first and foremost for maximum strength and durability. Each product boasts a heavy duty design and is manufactured with industrial grade steel. The support structure of each rack is independently tested to hold up to 600 pounds.
- UPDATED Instructions
- Heat Treated Case Hardened Lag Bolts
- Remaining Hardware Upgraded to Grade 5
- Customized Heights to Fit Any Garage
- Durable Powder-Coat Finish
- Industrial Strength Steel Construction
- Patented Ceiling Brackets for the Safest Connection
- Easy Project for the Do-It-Yourselfer
- Utilize the Space You Already Own
- Fit the Car back in the garage
- Make room for all of your toys
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Powder-Coat Finish
- Holds 600 pounds each
Hooks Included in Package
- • 10 Slim Line Deck Hooks
• 4 Rail Hooks
• 4 Utility Hooks
- The accessory hooks included are great for hanging your items that need to be up and out of the way.
- You can hang many different items from these hooks including: bikes, golf clubs, strollers, gear bags, ladders, jackets, umbrellas, and much more.
Can I Install This Myself?
- SafeRacks come with easy step by step installation instructions and there is an installation video below.
- Each SafeRack is installed/built piece by piece, you are NOT lifting the whole rack above your head at once
- Customer support is also available at 877-655-3443 if you have any questions before or during the process of installation
What Tools Do I Need?
Answer: Just a few seen below
- Rubber Mallet
- Drill with 3/16″ bit (capable of drilling 3″ deep)
- Socket Wrench Set (or open end wrench)
- Flat Head Screwdriver
- Tape Measure
- Stud Finder
- Sturdy Ladder
- Safety Glasses
- Pencil or Pen
How Do I Decide The Correct Drop Down Length?
Answer: This varies per garage. Below are a list of variables to consider when determining the drop down length.
There are 3 different options to choose from: 12″-21″, 18″-33″, 24-45″
- What is the distance from floor to ceiling in your garage?
- What is the distance between the garage door (when open) and the ceiling?
- What items do you want to fit on the rack?
- Do you need it to be above a door frame or work bench?
- What is the distance from your ceiling to the top of your car?
- Do you want to be able to hang items below the rack?
- The horizontal beam with the decking on top is about 3″ in height.
We recommend measuring the space where you want your rack to be installed so that you have a better understanding of which drop-down size to choose.
Can I Install SafeRacks Into Metal Joists or Concrete Ceilings?
- SafeRacks are designed to be installed into wood joists only.
- If your ceiling is dry-walled, use a stud finder to locate the joists.
Can I Have SafeRacks Professionally Installed?
- If you do not feel comfortable installing SafeRacks yourself: first, purchase them from Costco.com; second, contact SafeRacks to see if there is an installer in your area.
- Installation service is available in over 25 major cities across the country.
- To find a SafeRacks Installer call 877-655-3443 or visit SafeRacks.com.
- If an installer is not available in your city, you can find a reputable handyman on Angieslist.com, Homeadvisor.com or other trusted sites for finding home contract labor.
- We can help guide you through the process.
- Additional fees will apply for installation services.
How Does This Ship To My House?Each Combo Kit is shipped in 3 boxes.
– Long Box: 8ft Long, 4 Inches Wide (1 Box)(2 units taped together)
- 2 8ft Beams
- 4 27” Ceiling Brackets
- 8 Vertical Posts (depending drop down range 12”,18” or 24” long)
– Big Box: 4ft Long x 2ft Wide (2 Boxes)
- 4 Pieces Wire Decking
- 1 Center Support (with warning label on it)
- 2 4ft Side Rails
- 1 Pkg Hardware
- Hooks Included in Box
- 10 Slim Line Deck Hooks
- 4 Rail Hooks
- 4 Sport Utility Hooks
SafeRacks Deluxe Combo Garage Rack Package
Boxes may be delivered 1-2 days apart due to the different sizes of packages.
- Assembly: Assembly Required
- Brand: SafeRacks
- Color: White
- Height: 8 ft.
- Length: 8 ft.
- Material: Steel
- Material: Metal
- Mount Style: Hanging
- Number of Pieces: 18
- Number of Shelves: 1
- Type of Storage Rack: Overhead
- Weight Capacity: 600 lb.
- Width: 4 ft.