Biotrue works like your eyes and goes beyond cleaning by being the only† solution to bring together three bio-inspired innovations:
- Has a lubricant found naturally in your eyes
- Matches the pH of healthy tears
- Keeps certain beneficial tear proteins active
Biotrue provides the health and comfort your eyes deserve, helping to make wearing contact lenses easy on your eyes.** Plus, Biotrue provides up to 20 hours of moisture.*
Inserting and removing your lenses is a snap. After only a few tries, you’ll be a pro. Here are a few tips to help you out.
- Always wash your hands with a mild soap and dry with a lint-free towel before handling your lenses.
- Clean, rinse and disinfect your lenses each time you remove them.
- Always handle the same lens first to avoid mixing up the right and left lenses.
- Remember to handle your lenses gently.
- INSERTING THE LENS INTO YOUR EYE
- You may want to rinse your lenses in a multi-purpose such as Biotrue multi-purpose solution before you put them in.
- Put one of the lenses on the tip of the index finger of the hand you write with. Be sure the lens is right-side-out (the edges should turn up, not out).
- Look straight ahead. Pull down your lower eyelid with the middle finger of the same hand.
- Pull the top lid up with the index finger of the other hand and look up.
- Gently place the lens on the lower white of the eye.
- Remove your index finger and release your eyelid.
- Look down, and close your eyes for a moment. The lens will center itself.
- Repeat for the other lens.
- REMOVING THE LENS FROM YOUR EYE
- You may want to use lubricating and rewetting drops just before you remove your lenses. One or two drops in each eye will moisten the lenses and make them easier to remove. (Biotrue multi-purpose solution is not approved as a rewetting drop for direct in the eye use.)
- Look up and pull the lower lid down with the middle finger of the hand you write with.
- Place your index finger on the lower edge of your lens, and slide the lens down to the white of your eye.
- Squeeze the lens lightly between your index finger and thumb and remove gently.
- Repeat for the other eye.
- If the edges of your lens stick together, place a few drops of saline or multi-purpose solution on the lens and rub gently until the edges separate.
- These tips will help guide you, but always follow the advice of your eye care practitioner.
INDICATIONS (USES): Biotrue multi-purpose solutionis indicated for use in the daily conditioning, cleaning, removal of protein deposits, rinsing, chemical (not heat) disinfection, and storage of soft (hydrophilic) contact lenses, including silicone hydrogel contact lenses, as recommended by your eye care practitioner.
CONTRAINDICATIONS (REASONS NOT TO USE): If you are allergic to any ingredient in this product, do not use.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Biotrue multi-purpose solution is not indicated for use with Rigid Gas Permeable (RGP) lenses.
WARNINGS: PROBLEMS WITH CONTACT LENSES AND LENS CARE PRODUCTS COULD RESULT IN CORNEAL INFECTION AND/OR ULCER AND LEAD TO LOSS OF VISION. It is essential that you follow your eye care practitioner’s directions and all labeling instructions for proper use of lenses and lens care products, including the lens case.
- To condition, clean, remove protein and disinfect lenses, complete these simple steps.
If any debris remains on contact lenses, rinse with Biotrue multi-purpose solution prior to insertion.
Always follow your eye care professional’s instructions. Based upon your individual tear chemistry and lens-wearing schedule, your eye care professional may recommend additional products or procedures.
Biotrue multi-purpose solution is indicated as a rub regimen. This is the preferred method of cleaning recommended by eye care practitioners.
If not wearing contact lenses immediately, store them in a closed lens case. Do not store your lenses in simple saline in place of Biotrue multi-purpose solution. Saline solution will not disinfect.
Lenses may be stored in the unopened case until ready to wear, up to a maximum of 30 days. If you store your lenses for longer periods of time, they must be cleaned and disinfected with fresh Biotrue multi-purpose solution prior to lens insertion.
PACKAGE CONTAINS: Two 16 oz. bottles of Biotrue multi-purpose solution and two contact lens cases.
A sterile, isotonic solution that contains hyaluronan, sulfobetaine, poloxamine, boric acid, sodium borate, edetate disodium and sodium chloride and preserved with a dual disinfection system (polyaminopropyl biguanide) 0.00013% and polyquaternium 0.0001%.
When used daily, Biotrue multi-purpose solution dissolves protein and cleans, loosens and removes accumulations of film, debris and deposits from soft contact lenses. Biotrue multi-purpose solution helps prevent the formation of irritating deposits on the lens surface. It kills harmful microorganisms on the lens. While your lens is soaking, the formula envelops the lens in a moisture-rich cushion to help the lens remain comfortable throughout the day. Biotrue multi-purpose solution can also be used to rinse lenses. Biotrue multi-purpose solution is not approved as a rewetting drop for direct in the eye use.
- Always follow the product directions for use. Failure to follow product directions may lead to vision loss.
- Visit your eye care practitioner regularly.
- Always wash and dry hands before handling lenses.
- Do not use tap water, bottled water or saliva with lenses or lens case.
- Only use fresh solution to clean and disinfect contact lenses.
- Always discard any remaining solution in your lens case after each disinfection cycle.
- Saline or rewetting drops will not disinfect your lenses.
- Always replace your solutions, lenses and lens case as directed.
- To avoid contamination, do not touch tip of container to any surface. Replace cap after using.
- Do not use with heat (thermal) disinfection.
- Always discard solution from lens case after each use.
- Keep the bottle tightly closed when not in use.
- Store solution at room temperature.
- Use before the expiration date marked on the carton and bottle.
- Discard any remaining solution 90 days after opening.
- Keep out of reach of children.
Marketed by: Bausch & Lomb Incorporated, Rochester, NY 14609
†U.S. multi-purpose solutions only.
*Results of an in vitro study performed to evaluate the rate of release of wetting agents from various silicone hydrogel lens materials over a period of 20 hours.
**Data on file.
Distributed by Bausch + Lomb, a Division of Valeant Pharmaceuticals North America LLC, Bridgewater, N.J.
©2016 Bausch & Lomb Incorporated. ®/™ are trademarks of Bausch & Lomb Incorporated or its affiliates. All other product/brand names or logos are trademarks of their respective owners.